Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy 3 months

Today is officially Eily's 3 month birthday. For fear of sounding trite, I have to ask: Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we brought her home. Somehow, between the diaper changes, feedings, and naps, she's grown up. Okay, not exactly grown up. But while she napped today, I cleaned out all of her 0-3 month clothing (*sniffle*) and washed all of her 3-6 month gear. Since we really only plan on having one baby, I was a bit sad seeing these things getting packed away. On the plus side, however, it's like she has a whole new wardrobe. Thank goodness for living vicariously through her for the time being. After all, the last thing I want to do is buy a new wardrobe until I have lost all of the baby weight (12 more pounds to go!).

In honor of this day, I'd like to take a minute to bring everyone up to speed with Eily's developments thus far:

- She hates tummy time. This means no rolling over from belly to back at this point. Not really a development, I guess, but it may be important for future reference when you all start asking if she's crawling yet and I say no. Don't ask me why not. Just accept the fact that my child hates laying on her stomach (which makes me question if she's really mine at all - it's the only way I can sleep).

- Neck control is a no-brainer. This girl has been holding that noggin up since day one. She can even hold it up while on her tummy. But wait. Why do that when burying her face and crying as if she's enduring some sort of extreme torture is so much more fun? Here's a rare pic of her smiling on her tummy, taken today:



- Standing is her pass-time of choice. My guns are proof. This is how we spend a good portion of the day.



- She's started giggling, but she's a tough audience. Want to really get her going? Stick me in a room full of dust so I start sneezing. She thinks that's pretty darn funny. The bigger the sneeze, the longer and harder she laughs. Don't try to fake her out, though. My kid is no dummy. She can tell a fake sneeze from the real deal any day.



- She's most "talkative" just before she falls asleep. I have a hard time stifling my laughter as she babbles and grunts with a big grin behind her paci and drooping eyelids.

- Rollng onto her side is her latest trick, but she's not really in any rush to go any further (see the "tummy time" item).

Those are all I can think of at the moment. I must admit, my brain is a bit fuzzy as I fight some severely allergy-induced blocked sinuses. I've probably forgot something here, but to make up for it I'll leave you with her birthday pictures from her first three months:

Month 1:

I'll admit, we almost forgot to take a pic that day. This was just before going to sleep that night.



Month 2:

Hanging out on the front porch.



Month 3:

Taken tonight during tubby time - her favorite time of the day!

3 comments:

  1. God I love you and that baby. She is so beautiful! This is really awesome that you are keeping your friends and family updated. You're one kick @$$ mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh! Happy 3 months to Eilybell. The tub pic is so cute! And congrats to you for only 12 lbs to go. Love you three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word is she adorable Jessa! I love love the bath tub pic, it must be framed! I didn't realize you were only planning on 1 baby...once she hits a year you just may change your mind:) Love reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete