Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost there...

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are all still alive and well. My last final is tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. Look for much more frequent posting after that! (Until my summer course starts at the end of May, that is.)

In honor of my impending liberation free time, I hope to celebrate by reading as many books as I possibly can that meet all of the following criteria:

- No summaries, reviews, or test questions at the end of every chapter
- No pictures. None. My imagination has practically atrophied from lack of use while reading lately.
- Must make me cry. (Not a particularly difficult aspiration for any book these days. Heck, I cried over the trailer for Babies the first time I saw it.)

So far on my reading list:
1) Finish Misogyny: The World's Oldest Prejudice


2) Finish Mark Spitz's new biography on David Bowie (pictures in this one will be completely forgiven and happily consumed by my greedy eyes!).



3) Several books by Jodi Picoult , whom I both adore and simultaneously hate. Honestly, the woman is amazing. I swear she laces the pages of her books with crack or something. I can't put one down once I've started reading. On the other hand, I often feel a little guilty for getting swept up in these sort of "ripped from the headlines" kinds of stories. Oh well. We all have our vices.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears (and eyes)!

The rest of my summer time will be spent trying to alleviate the mother guilt I feel for having spent countless hours making Eily play by herself while I study and/or work. Trips to the zoo, art museum, beach, historical sites in the area, etc. are already on the agenda to help me feel less like a bad mommy. If anyone has any ideas for an almost-walking one year old to enjoy in the area, feel free to suggest away! And by all means, invite yourself on some of our outings. This goes for those of you with or without kiddos!

Alright, back to the grind I go. This is the only final I'm not really looking forward to, mainly because I actually have to study for it. Boo!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your finals! Knock 'em dead. Also, I'm lame. I thought I've been following your blog this whole time, but no, it never appeared in my reader. So now I'm following you, finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy for summer lol I would suggest going to philly for the Constitution center and Independence Hall but Some of those places are not stroller friendly. I could go with you and we could take turns holding/carrying Eily. Just let me know I am always up for an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im starting water for elephants on vk. don't think it will make me cry, but no pics.

    ReplyDelete