Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alright, I'll admit it...

...I am officially the WORST blogger in the entire history of blogging - which is what, 10 years maybe? (Ok, I was nerdy enough to wiki that. Dang I'm good! 10 years it is. But I digress...)

Right, where was I? Oh yes, I am a bad blogger. It's been well over a month since our trip to Maine, and guess what? None of you have any idea how the trip ended! This wouldn't be so bad had I not left you with this cliffhanger at the end of my last entry:

And here is where I leave you for now. Coming up in the next blog: Do we make it through the wilderness of Maine to Bangor? Does Eily survive her first climbing trip? And what happens when a recently fed Eily is played with by Curtis? Tune in next time to find out!

Even Eily has been waiting to hear the conclusion. See?


Her face is actually frozen like this now. We're going to have it checked out at her next doctor visit if this post doesn't put her eyeballs back in their sockets where they belong.

In the meantime, I feel just awful thinking about the anxiety you've all experienced while waiting for the answers to these burning questions. Well, here it is folks. Resolution for your wearily waiting winds...er, minds.

We made it to Bangor. Eily survived her first climbing trip without so much as a tumble (being bundled like a yeti and carried by Mommy the whole time helped), and Eily threw up all over Curtis's grandparents' carpet when he tossed her around after she had just eaten.

There, I feel better. Okay, moving on!****

So, what's been happening in the month since Maine? I wish I knew. This month has flown by faster than the first three since Eily arrived. Mommy brain apparently doesn't disappear after giving birth, and I am left contemplating the wall behind the computer as I ponder just what we've been up to.




Here's the webcam pic to prove it.






(Okay, lay off the comments about my hair, would you? Sorry I didn't have time to get all gussied up. I'm quite obviously a very busy mom working from home and not expecting visitors...or web stalkers. Cut me some slack already!)

After several minutes with the above look of consternation written across my face, I've come to the conclusion that my memory only holds information for two weeks, so let's start at Halloween and go from there. In the interest of time, we'll make it a pictoral representation.

Eily meets Holly for the first time. (Technically this was the week before Halloween, but who's counting? Obviously not me!)



Eily dressed as a chicken for Halloween. This is one of two photos we have of her in the costume, which was quickly discarded moments later in favor of a happy baby.



And here she is celebrating Halloween by making the rounds to see the family.

First stop: Noni and Nono's house.



Second stop: Grandma and Grandpa Cote's house.



Last stop: Auntie Debbie's where we met up with Nana.



Then it was off to Grampy's to get ready for bed.



And finally, we have this past weekend, where Eily spent some time in Delaware at the World Punkin Chunkin contest. Our office has a team, and this was our second year competing. I've included a video of Saturday's throw, which passed our goal of launching a pumpkin 500 feet - we got 572! We did even better the next day throwing 616 feet and placed 6th overall in the Adult Human Power category.







****This is not to say that the details of our trip aren't worth remembering. But a lot of stuff has happened since then! Gotta keep moving here or I'll be playing catch up for 2 years at this rate!

2 comments:

  1. That pumpkin throw looks pretty neat and Eily keeps getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why doesn't Eily get a helmet? :(

    ReplyDelete